Secondary Outcomes (end points)
1. Female Participation in Agricultural Decision-Making.
This will be measured using the identity of decision makers on each plot cultivated by the household. We also measure changes in the decision rights of these plot managers, e.g., to build structures on the plot, rent it out to someone else, plant tree crops, or use it as a loan security.
2. Changes in attitudes related to women’s participation in business.
• We will collect both explicit (self-reported) and implicit measures of attitudes toward women’s participation in business tasks. The implicit measures are based on implicit association tests that will be administered to respondents in our study sample.
3. Changes in income and business aspirations.
• Subjective expectations about revenues from farming in the next agricultural season
• Farming goals (e.g., crop choice, livestock and area cultivated) in 5 years’ time
• Professional or business goals in 5 years’ time